Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zee Avi

I'm not sure whether you've heard of this name before. Her name came out several times a day in our local radio station. You might have listened to her song though not know of her name. Well, I'm spreading her fame here by letting you people out there know of her existence. Unfortunately, I think I have a very limited amount of readers. I sound so pathetic but what the hell, I'll just write this entry anyway.

Zee Avi. She's a Malaysian artist from Miri. Two months ago, I think, she appeared on Carson Daly. Carson "Freaking" Daly, the dude who used to host TRL on MTV. Anyway, I think her voice is so soothing. It's so different compared to the songs we've been listening everytime we head to work or wherever. She's something like Yuna I suppose, another Malaysian artist by the way. Anyway, I just like her voice. So Corinne Bailey Rae. It's a cool song to listen to when you're studying or just laying down on your hammock while enjoying the evening breeze. That sounded gay but seriously, I'm pretty sure many people would enjoy moments like that. So peaceful.

On a different note, Monash is not a club scene. It's not like Maison or Zouk or Euphoria. I was at the library just now (yes, I do visit the library occasionally) and outside the library, there were people playing loud music. And I do mean damn loud music. If it was Zee Avi, Yuna, or James Morrison music, I don't mind. But nooo, it's some trance Lady Gaga remix club edition music. I mean, what the hell, it's a freaking university! Okay, you can't always have tutorials and lectures and stuff. But chose the right time for these sort of events please. I saw many disgruntled faces when the music got too loud. And many people left the library because of the major distraction (I might have exaggerated).

It's been awhile since my last update hasn't it. Now I feel like writing and writing. You know, I want a lot of things. I want to buy the Nokia 5730 or maybe the Nokia 5800. I also want to get myself a Rayban Aviator. I want to buy lots of PS3 games. I want to buy lots of cool DVDs. I want to collect football jerseys. But the problem is, I don't have any money. And when I do get the money, I just don't feel like spending it. I mean, all the things I've listed down are all just luxuries. I don't need any of them. I sure can survive without them. But why? Why are we all driven by this unnecessary want? Is it greed? Is it just the idea of owning such a fancy gadget getting to us? Is it the peer pressure? The want to blend in with the crowd? It's a combination of all of those really. I recently acquired an iPod touch. Prior to getting it, I was excited. Beyond words. But, honestly, that feeling didn't last very long. Don't get me wrong, I still do love my iPod touch. I think it's a wonderful piece of an item. But I was brainwashed by the idea of having it. The idea of owning such a luxury item. We are all guilty of this. I guess it's just our guilty pleasure.

No comments: